Last Saturday I participated in Life After Breakfast’s 2nd Craft Soirée! It was a nice, sunny morning and it was perfect for the event.
When I got to Pipino, the place was almost full! And the air was giggly haha all the participants were girls. I was with group 3 and joined them at their table to have lunch first.
Pipino is a vegetarian restaurant, and despite being a meat-lover I thought the food was really good and went well with the soiree. They served Tofu Lemongrass Skewers, Vegetable Curry with Couscous, Pasta Puttanesca, and Mushroom Salpicao. With a glass of iced tea, and then a banana muffin for dessert. Sarap!
Afterwards, craft sharing started. We said something about ourselves and the crafts we were into, and then gave away the crafty item we made for the group. It was very inspiring! I could see the participants were really dedicated to what they did and that they worked on whatever crafts they were into with love. I was really giddy all throughout.
some of my groupmates Koni, Lorra, Sevy and Jamie
and Dan and Isa
and Roma :)
April was from the first group but she made surprise boxes for everyone! She’s from Davao!
Imana and her super cute crocheted plushies
Fozzy and her calligraphy work
Jamie and her polymer accessories and artwork
Yey I got one of each! Haha traded my extra craftwork for an artwork of hers.
Lorra and her illustrated and stamped cards
Dan prints her doodles on shirts! Also, she asked for a treehouse for her 18th birthday. SAYA!
Mikko and her paper wallets
Alessa, our gracious hostess, gave us all sticker sheets with inspirational quotes
Lahat ata kinikilig sa saya~
1. Craft Soiree tote from Alessa Lanot / Life After Breakfast
2. illustrated and stamped cards by Lorra Angbue-Te / Stars for Dreams
3. sammich necklace (may fries pa!) by Jamie Bauza / Bite Size
4. owl heart shirt by Dan. Who is only 17! Also I have to reiterate that she has a treehouse haha / Doodle Dan
5. keychains made out of gimp by Celine Sugay. She sources her gimp all the way from the States because no one sells gimp here! / @celmoongoddess
6. stickers with quotes in lettering from Alessa Lanot / Life After Breakfast
7. paper wallets from Mikko Sumulong / I Try DIY
8. magnets and a charm bracelet from April San Pedro / Artisan Design Studio
9. watercolor blank notebooks from Isa Silva / isabelsilva.com
10. gem pendant from Roma Agsalud. We’ve met before when Got Heart was featured in ShopTalk on ANC. She quit her job as a reported to be a full-time craftpreneur, galing! / Pop Junk Love
11. crocheted doily by Koni Esteban / Candidly Pretty
12. fabric headband (which can also be a necklace or a ponytail holder!) by Sevy Corcuera
13. I traded an extra pair of chopsticks for one of Jamie’s illustrations yey / Jamie Bauza’s portfolio
Ang gagaling! And very inspiring~
I handpainted chopsticks to give away at the event. At first I thought of working on painted spoons but figured chopsticks are more useful.
Side note: You see that wooden dino? I’ve been meaning to finish it but I can’t find the instruction sheet on how to assemble it.
So yes! It’s been a rather eventful 4-day weekend, happy but also shaky, what with the Philippines losing a very important public leader. :( Life and death in the same room.
Hingang malalim! Back to the daily grind tomorrow.